About Me

My photo
Elk River, MN, United States
I have been running for about 20 years and have completed more than 60 marathons (including one in each state) and ultramarathons. In 2011, I ran across MN to raise money for cancer. Now, in 2021, at age 52, I'm going to run and bike across MN to raise money for disabled veterans.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Recovery and Thanks!

FUNDRAISING: $3419.51!

Jones Soda is donating the proceeds from Free Soda Friday (2nd sodas cost $0.50), I haven't heard the total yet.

Couple more Lessons Learned:
Safety-it might not be the best idea to advertise that you won't be home for a week.  Be careful with such things, folks.  Knowing John was home during the week made me more comfortable with it.
Car Window Pens-WHITE and SILVER.  Don't be wooed by the other colors, they don't show up as well.

My legs are FINALLY feeling normal again.  I ran Monday night and this morning and feel pretty good.  Always better when I run.  :-)

I'd like to do some thanks again:

THANKS TO RIGHT FIT RUNNING!! Their support was super.  I wish more of you could have made it to the party, they did a great job.  Hey, there's still time, go and check out their store.  If you need help picking a running shoe, they are SUPER at that.

THANKS TO MY FAMILY/CREW!  I couldn't have done this without my crew.  They made everything smooth.  Great job, John, Jack, Dad, Kathy, Mike, Mom, Joe and cheerleader CHLOE and phone support from Mel, Dave and Lu!  And Dean & Anita at the Finish Line!

THANKS TO MY FRIENDS THAT CAME OUT TO JOIN ME OR CHEER: Carol & Lloyd; The Hillsboro Crew: Ron & Brenda, John, Tom & Helen and Henry; Deb, LAI Peeps: Renee, Sheri, Josh & kids and Amy; and Dave.

THANKS TO THE MEDIA:  Columbia Heights, Fridley etc. Sun/Focus, Northwest Community Cable Channel 12, Hutchinson Leader and WCCO!

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO DONATED!  THANKS FOR MAKING MY RUN A SUCCESS FOR AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY!

Love, Laurie ~Relentless Forward Momentum!

No comments:

Post a Comment